Wednesday 11 January 2012

Return to Cute Monster 2.0


Well, I got pretty sick of this character after having lots of problems with its normals. But after a break, and realising how much I need to learn to texture properly, I gave it another go. And this time, instead of using Photoshop, I got myself some Mudbox! I'm really enjoying being able to paint directly onto the model, although my poor old computer finds it hard to deal with the program, so I often have to paint blind and wait for my computer to catch up. So after modifying the topology slightly, re-mapping the UV's  and a couple of quick colour scheme sketches, here is what I have.


  UV map


                  

the centre colour scheme is my favourie, so thats the one I'm going to work on tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment