Friday 20 January 2012

Cute Monster 2.0 Textured

After a week of mainly being ill, I have finnished texturing Alek. I've still not quite got to grips with normal map transfers (see below) but I'm liking how the diffuse and specular have turned out.




 high and low poly versions of Alek the 'Cute Monster'



I think he is ready to be left for a bit untill I come back and animate him. I was really struggling with having "Cute Monster" hanging over me. Trying to finnish a character that I was never particularly happy with was difficult, but I think I actually like Alek now.


And below is the result of high poly normals transferred onto the low poly mesh, I am not entirely sure why is looks so awful, but I think I need to build up my confidence in areas of animation that I am actually good at before I come back to figuring out high to low poly normal maps. Or hopefully someone will just show me how to do it.



normal maps transfer failure


No comments:

Post a Comment